Image by Stephen Poff via Flickr
I had 3 interesting search meetings recently, 1 with Google and two with SEO consultants. As a result of these I’ve written a few search related posts over the last week or so. The title of this post was a comment that someone made in one of the meetings and I thought it was a great (if contentious statement). Basically what he was saying is that the nuts and bolts of SEO; making sure that you’re in the right directories, ensuring that your on-page optimization (H1, alt tags, keyword density etc) is a must-have and that this isn’t the area to differentiate yourself.
So what is?
1. Powerful analytics- look at what works
2. watch typos- these are about 5% of all type-ins
3. get your domain names
4. optimize and tweak
5. be creative in link building
I will go into some further detail on the ones I haven’t already covered in upcoming posts.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Your site is optimized, now what? (brendan-mcnulty.com)
- search engine DE-optimisation (brendan-mcnulty.com)